Companies Showcase Their New Allergen-free Food Products (Fall 2007)
A KFA representative attended the Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore in late September, where businesses showcased their flagship products and introduced new items to merchandisers and others in the retail business.
There were many companies there with whom we are familiar, including companies that already sponsor or advertise with KFA such as Ian's Natural Foods, Enjoy Life Foods, and Sunbutter. There were also other companies showcasing new allergy-friendly products that are potentially useful for families raising children with food allergies. Here are ones we learned about:
Enjoy Life Foods: www.enjoylifefoods.com
- Beach Bash Not Nuts! a nut-free trail mix that is fruity, salty and crunchy containing sweet dried pineapple, tangy dried apricots, tart dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Mountain Mambo Not Nuts! , ELF's original nut-free trail mix with a new name.
- Sunbutter Crunch a snack bar fortified with essential vitamins and minerals, made with golden rice crisps and peanut-free Sunbutter.
- All Enjoy Life products are free of the eight most common allergens, certified gluten-free (by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization), all-natural, trans fat-free and certified kosher.
Gak's Snacks www.gakssnacks.com
- Organic Oatmeal Cookies
- Organic Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies
- Organic Brownie Chip Mini Cookies
- All Gak's Snacks products are free of peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and dairy, and use no wheat (though there can be traces in oats), no seeds, and the only soy is soy lecithin (in all but its new oatmeal cookies).
OrgraN (845) 278-8164
- Outback Animals - Australian animal shape cookies that are wheat-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, yeast-free, GMO-free, soy-free, vegan all natural and nut-free in two flavors: chocolate and vanilla. The cookies look like koala bears, crocodiles, kangaroos and wombats.
Power of Fruit www.poweroffruit.com
- Power of Fruit frozen treats - Push up pops made of pureed frozen fruit and sweetened with white grape juice. All fruit, no chemicals, preservatives or sweeteners. These are only available direct from the company right now, but will be available in stores in the spring.
SunGold Foods www.sunbutter.com
- Omega-3 Sunbutter Peanut-free sunflower seed butter containing a mild crunch from Omega-3 rich flaxseed.
Kettle Valley www.kettlevalley.net
- Fruit Twists gluten-, dairy-, egg- and nut-free twisted dried fruit treats similar in appearance to Twizzlers ® but made of all-fruit. Available in the spring.
Dakota Gourmet www.myschoolmenu.com/
- Snack size bags of peanut free sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- FruitaBu Organic Smooshed Fruit plastic pouches of fruit puree that can be eaten right out of the pouch or frozen and eaten like a push-up pop.
Ian's Natural Foods www.iansnaturalfoods.com
- Chicken Patties
- Lightly Battered Fish
- French Toast Sticks
- The three items above are part of Ian's Red Banner product line and are made with no wheat, gluten, casein, milk, eggs, nuts or soy.
Amy's Kitchen www.amyskitchen.com
- Ziti kids' meal - gluten- and dairy-free.
Cherrybrook Kitchen www.cherrybrookkitchen.com
- Chocolate chip muffin mix
- Gluten free brownie mix
- Gluten free pancake mix
- The gluten free items above are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and nut-free. The chocolate chip muffin mix is dairy-free, egg-free, and nut-free.
Kids With Food Allergies is a nonprofit charity. More than 80% of KFA's financial support comes from donors like you. If KFA has helped you in some way, please make a donation
to support our work.