Kids With Food Allergies
what's new recipes resources allergy alerts find friends
donate shop KFA allergy buyer's guide support forums
  membership   site map     contact us   about   

Food Allergy Resources

What is a Pediatric Allergist?

December 2006

All allergists are able to care for children. To become an allergist, your doctor first trained in pediatrics (general care of children), internal medicine (general care of adults) or both. After that he/she studied the specialty of allergy and immunology. During this last phase, all doctors work with adults and children. A doctor that first trained in pediatrics then added studies in allergy and immunology is often more comfortable with small children. However, most allergists see adults and children and do a very good job of caring for both.

Approved by KFA Medical Advisory Team December 2006

Kids With Food Allergies is a nonprofit charity. More than 80% of KFA's financial support comes from donors like you. If KFA has helped you in some way, please make a donation to support our work.

Page last updated 7/29/2012

We improve the day-to-day lives of families raising children with food allergies
and empower them to create a safe and healthy future for their children.

Memberships Support Forums Allergy-Free Recipes Allergy Education Resources Friends Connection
Food Allergy Alerts Donate Shop KFA Allergy Buyer's Guide Contact Us Press | Media

Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
Copyright (c) 2005-2011, Kids With Food Allergies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Kids With Food Allergies is a tax exempt charity.