Here's How You Take Action for Kids With Food Allergies in May
Join Kids With Food Allergies and get involved in May 2016 for Food Allergy Awareness Week and Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. KFA is a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. Together, we have many interesting and exciting announcements to share, so check back as May approaches!
- Raise food allergy awareness by adding your child's photo to our seventh annual Faces of Food Allergies photo album.
- Join one of our awareness events – there are local and national events happening the entire month of May!
- Share our images on social media.
- Join our new asthma community or our award-winning food allergy community.
- Are you interested in research? Consider getting involved in an exciting new AAFA program that puts patients in control of how food allergy research is used. Stay tuned for more details!
- Share your story with us: Tell the world what it is like to live with food allergies on a daily basis. Check out our new page that tells you how.
- Join our Advocacy Network! Make a difference on behalf of people with asthma and allergies.
- Offer inspiration, support, understanding and hope by sending invitations to join KFA's community.
- Donate on behalf of a loved one with food allergies.
- Share our Newly Diagnosed section with a friend whose child was just diagnosed with a food allergy.
- Meet us in St. Louis May 22: Our signature event, Strides for Safe Kids, benefits KFA, AAFA as well as AAFA St. Louis, one of our five chapters.
- How is your state doing with asthma and food allergy management in schools? Look at our State Honor Roll report and see what needs improving!
- Follow our blog to stay current with food allergy news.
- Consider becoming a KFA volunteer. Volunteers are the lifeblood of KFA. Some even go on to become employees of AAFA!