One in 13 children has a food allergy. As part of Food Allergy Awareness Week, May 14-20, we are hosting a photo contest. Post a photo of your child with food allergies and you could win a Kids With Food Allergies prize package (approximate retail value - $140.50). Members outside of the United States may share their photos, but are not eligible to win. Up to 5 entries are permitted, however there is limit of one prize per person. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, US residents, 18+. Promotion begins 5/1/17 ends 5/31/17. Click here for official rules. KFA thanks kaléo for sponsoring the 2017 #FacesOfFoodAllergies Photo Contest.
We want to work together to improve knowledge and understanding of food allergies. We hope raising awareness will help reduce bullying of children with food allergies. Bullying is common among children with food allergies, and is associated with lower quality of life and distress in children and their parents. About 35 percent of children older than 5 with food allergies1 say they have been bullied because of their allergies.
Oftentimes, kids are bullied when they are perceived as different from their peers. Living with food allergies differentiates children from the ‘norm’ and immediately puts kids at risk for being bullied. Please help us raise awareness and understanding of food allergies - that kids with food allergies are no different from other kids.
Share your photo capturing your child living life without letting their food allergies hold them back. (For safety reasons, we recommend that you do not post your child's full name with their photo.)
- Take a picture showing how you overcome food allergies every day.
- Share your photo in one of these ways:
- Upload to the Facebook page of Kids With Food Allergies (@kidswithfoodallergies)
- Tweet your photo and tag @kfatweets
- Instagram your photo and tag @kidswithfoodallergies
- Upload your image to our Kids With Food Allergies community
- Tell us in the description how your photo represents living with food allergies.
- Make sure you include these hashtags #FacesOfFoodAllergies #Contest and that your account or post is set to public.
- Images will be added to our mosaic below. Five winners will be selected during Food Allergy Awareness Week!
 Bullying among pediatric patients with food allergy. Lieberman, Jay A. et al. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology , Volume 105 , Issue 4 , 282 – 286 (Retrieved April 25, 2017)