May 2016 Food Allergy Awareness Events
Connect with Kids With Food Allergies in May – online or in person! You are not alone in your family’s journey with food allergies – whether you are newly diagnosed or raising a preteen. Share our awareness messages or come to an event! Follow our blog for up-to-the-minute news and check back here for new additions. And follow us on social media to find us on Twitter chats this month.
May 8-14 - Food Allergy Awareness Week (FAAW) – One in thirteen U.S. children has a food allergy. Add their photo to our annual Faces of Food Allergies photo-sharing event this week for a chance to win a prize package from Enjoy Life Foods™.
More Days and Events to Watch in May:
- May 4 – National FPIES Awareness Day – We honor those with food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome.
- May 8-14 - Check to see if your local building or landmark will #TurnItTeal for food allergies!
- May 14 – Join AAFA/KFA at the Philadelphia Phillies Game for Teva Respiratory Night, 7:05 pm. Stay tuned for how you can win tickets!
- May 15 - 21 - National Eosinophil Awareness Week – Learn more about this type of food allergy at www.kidswithfoodallergies.org.
- May 20 – It’s Food Allergy Awareness Night at the Pittsburgh Pirates game with Mylan, 7:05 pm.
- May 22 - Join us for Strides for Safe Kids St. Louis.
Catch us on television in May, sharing tips about food allergies and seasonal allergies:
- May 5 (rebroadcast May 12) - The Balancing Act on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, nasal/seasonal allergies
- May 11 (rebroadcast May 18) - Access Health® on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, food allergies
- May 19 (rebroadcast May 26) - The Balancing Act on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, food allergies – triggers and symptoms
- May 25 (rebroadcast June 1) - Access Health® on Lifetime®, 7:30 am ET/PT, nasal/seasonal allergies