We improve the day-to-day lives of families raising children with food allergies and empower them to create a safe and healthy future for their children.
A Vital Lifeline for Families and Communities
A diagnosis of food allergy is a major adjustment that can have an adverse impact on the whole family’s quality of life. Families need to always read food labels, learn how to cook and bake without things like milk or egg, and learn how to safely navigate schools, restaurants, vacations, birthday parties and holidays. Families also need to learn how to be prepared to treat anaphylaxis, an allergic reaction that can be severe and life-threatening.
Kids With Food Allergies (KFA) is a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), the nation’s oldest and leading asthma and allergy charity. With one in 13 children now having a food allergy, KFA services are needed more than ever. We are a vital lifeline to families raising children with food allergies.
KFA offers free tools, educational materials, webinars, videos and other resources to help families and caregivers learn how to keep children safe and healthy. Families need not live in fear. With the right tools, all families can raise healthy, confident children who can learn to manage their own food allergies as they grow up.
We help families by offering:
- Accurate and practical food allergy and anaphylaxis education
- Day-to-day support for families, caregivers and the community through our active and comprehensive support forums and referrals to local support groups
- An extensive recipe database searchable by allergen(s) one needs to avoid
- Substitutions and other information on managing allergen-restricted diets
- Food allergy and anaphylaxis advocacy supporting the food allergy community
- Public awareness initiatives about food allergy and anaphylaxis
- Research support to help find a cure
- Educational materials written for a variety of health literacy levels.
We offer many other services as well. Please browse our website and see how we can help you. We encourage you to sign up for our free e-newsletter and to complete the free registration to ask questions and participate in our forums.
The results of a recent study by researchers at the University of Chicago School of Medicine show that KFA’s resources may help parents:
- Reduce the stress of dealing with food allergies
- Get practical and emotional support
- Find new food products
- Discover safe recipes
- Choose a physician
- Stay current with the latest food allergy news
If you support our mission, please consider making a charitable donation. Together, we can help all families with food allergies keep their children safe and healthy!