We improve the day-to-day lives of families raising children with food allergies and empower them to create a safe and healthy future for their children.
KFA helps children with food allergies and their families cope with dietary restrictions, lifestyle adjustments, fear and isolation through education, peer support, food/cooking assistance and outreach programs.
- Education Program
KFA's Educational program is focused on providing reliable and accurate health information to parents and caregivers which, in turn, benefit the health and well-being of children with food allergies.
- Peer Support Program
Parents of Food Allergic Kids (POFAK™) online support groups offer peer-to-peer emotional and social support as well as food and cooking assistance. The support groups are staffed by parent volunteers who know first-hand the day-to-day challenges of raising a child with food allergies.
- Food and Cooking Assistance Program
In a society that revolves around food, finding safe recipes and preparing safe foods for a child with food allergies is of primary concern. KFA offers food and cooking-focused educational materials, a searchable Safe Eats™ Recipe Database, an Allergy Buyer's Guide and other offerings to address the critical concern of families: "What can I feed my child?"
KFA's outreach efforts focus on providing quality education about food allergies, and raising awareness of KFA's programs for families nationwide.
- To foster optimal health, nutrition, and well-being of children
- To address the social and emotional needs of families upon diagnosis and as they adapt to a food allergy lifestyle
- To provide a caring support community for families, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- To empower families with trustworthy information, news and resources
- To encourage families to acquire knowledge to manage their children's food allergies while building effective communication between themselves and their children's doctors
- To include those dealing with single or multiple food allergies as well as other conditions resulting in adverse reactions to foods
- To provide interactive and creative approaches for finding safe foods and recipes
- To build confidence for families and children to accomplish anything in life despite their food restrictions
- To reach out to physicians to raise awareness of the social and emotional needs of families upon diagnosis and as they adapt to a food allergy lifestyle
- To innovate with a creative team of professionals, medical advisors, volunteers and staff
- To build and sustain a broad base of support from those who believe in our organization’s mission and will contribute funds needed to succeed.